Alton Water Ski Club
Water Sport Club
- Website: http://www.altonski.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Alternate Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: fb.me/groups
4708 Clifton Terrace
Godfrey, Illinois 62025
The Alton Water Ski Club was founded on August 23, 1955. They were well known around the St Louis/ Southern Illinois area and performed at many special events in the area under the name Midwest Water Ski Show Productions. The Club was formed with the purpose of promoting the sport and recreation of water skiing, water safety, good sportsmanship, aquatic events, kindred and similar sports, and good fellowship.
Over the years the Club grew acquiring riverfront property on the Great River Road, a popular scenic highway that follows the Mississippi River, just north of Alton, Illinois along with a parcel of land containing a clubhouse and storage garage directly across the highway from the riverfront location. The Club continued to grow acquiring a new twin 18’ Hydrodyne twin rig in the spring of 1976 as well as growing membership, topping out at 135 members. During its high point the Club was mostly known in the area for their yearly January 1st New Years Day ski under the Arch where they put up a 3 high pyramid in front of the Arch with all proceeds going to the charity of choice as well as shows on the St Louis riverfront as part of the July 4th celebration.
Hours of Operation:
- Boat(s) in Use: 1987 Hydrodyne Twin; 1984 Hydrodyne Single; Various inboards
- Available Gear: All equipment available
- Wake Park Details:
- School Class Size: N/A
- Charter Group Size: N/A
- On-site Accommodations:
Clubhouse with all amenities; parking, Private boat ramp, Private docks
- Club requirements for participation: Club requires full USA Water Ski Membership to use the jump or one day USA Waterski Membership for non jumpers
- Water Located On: Mississippi River at Godfrey, IL
- Water Temperature:
- Wind Pattern:
- Other Watercraft Traffic: Off the main channel in the "Ski Chute"